XAT stands for Xavier Aptitude test which is a national level exam and it is conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. The candidates willing to get enrolled in MBA and PGDM courses can apply for this exam. The application process for the exam are now completed and the XAT admit card has been released by the authorities. The exam will take place on 3rd Jan 2021 across 72 cities of India. The exam will be conducted in two slots-9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The question paper will include both subjective and objective questions.
In this article, we will discuss about Xavier Aptitude test (XAT) and all the important information regarding this exam. We will talk about XAT eligibility conditions, application process, results, important dates etc., in the article given below.
Highlights of XAT 2021
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude test (XAT)|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Type||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
XAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must hold an under-graduate degree in any field from any approved university.
- Those students who are still in the last semester of their graduate programme which will be over before June 10th or those who are waiting for their final semester results to be announced can also apply.
- Such students must submit their graduate degree and mark-sheet by the end of their admission year.
XAT 2021 Exam Dates
|Events||XAT 2021 Dates||Salient Features|
|XAT 2021 registrations begin||12-Sep-2020||The XAT registration 2021 process started.|
|Registrations end||10-Dec-2020||The XAT registration 2021 process ended.|
|Admit card download||21-Dec-2020 to 03-Jan-2021||XAT admit card released on the official website.|
|XAT mock test release||23-Dec-2020||The students can practice for the exam by attending XAT mock test.|
|XAT Exam 2021||03-Jan-2021||Online exam will be conduction in 72 cities.|
|Result announcement||Third week of January, 2021||XAT scorecards to be available on the official website for download|
XAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- Download the whole syllabus before starting the preparation.
- Under how the marking scheme works.
- Revise topics that you have already covered regularly.
- A study from good books and study sources.
- Solve practice questions and mock test papers.
- Keep yourself healthy by doing exercise and keeping your diet balanced.
XAT 2021 Exam Pattern
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Exam Timing||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Type of Questions||Subjective and Objective|
|Parts and Number of questions (Section 1)||First section will be divided in 3 parts and it will contain 75 questions. Verbal and Logical AbilityDecision MakingQuantitative Ability and Data Interpretation|
|Parts and Number of Questions (Section 2)||Second section will have 1 part and it will contain 25 questions. G.K|
|Total Number of Questions||99-100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||For every correct answer- +1 mark For every incorrect answer- 0.25 mark|
|Section 1||Verbal and Logical Ability||24||145 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Section 2||General Knowledge||25||35 minutes|
XAT 2021 Application Form
The process of XAT 2021 application can be completed in three stages. You have to go through all three steps to complete the application process.
XAT Registration 2021
- First of all, visit the official website of the XAT exam.
- On the homepage, click on the “Register” tab given on the top.
- The registration page will open, there enter details like your name, mobile number, email ID, password, and CAPTCHA code.
- Then, click on the “REGISTER” tab given below to complete the process.
For the year 2020, the XAT exam registration process has been ended.
XAT Application Form
- Now come back to the homepage of the official website and click on “Login” option given on the top of page.
- Then, enter your registered email ID and password in the given space and click on “Login” tab given below.
- Now click on “XAT Application Form 2021” and the application form will open on the screen.
- Now, enter your personal details, qualification details, address, parental details and course details in the application.
- Once you fill all the information in the application form, you need to upload all the scanned documents.
- In the last step, you will be redirected to the payment page where you can pay the application fee through online mode.
- After your application is submitted take a print out of the form for future reference.
|Photograph||30 mm x 45 mm||.jpg or .jpeg||80 KB|
|Signature||30 mm x 45 mm||.jpg or .jpeg||80 KB|
- The application form for XAT exam will be submitted through online mode.
- Students can also pay the application fee at nearest IDBI bank in cash and take a pay-in-slip.
- Students can also pay the application fee through Demand Draft.
|Particular||XAT Application Fee|
|XAT 2021 Registration Fee (w/o Late Fee)||INR 1700/-|
|XAT 2021 Registration Fee (including Late Fee)||INR 2000/-|
|XLRI 2021 Application Form Fee(w/o Late Fee)||INR 300/- (All XLRI PGDM Programme)|
|XLRI 2021 Application Form Fee(including Late Fee)||INR 500/- (All XLRI PGDM Programme)|
XAT 2021 Admit Card
The XAT admit card 2021 has been released by the XLRI, Jamshedpur on their official website. The students can download their hall tickets by visiting the official website till 3rd Jan 20201. All the candidates who are appearing for the XAT exam must bring the admit card along with a photo identity proof to the exam center. The XAT Admit Card will contain the candidate’s photograph, signature, roll number, the application number, exam venue, exam timing, etc.
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the admit card:
- First of all, visit the official website of the XAT exam.
- On the homepage, click on the “Admit Card” tab.
- The login page will open on your screen, there enter your ID and DOB.
- After, that you need to click on the “Login” button given below.
- Then, you need to click on the admit card tab.
- The XAT admit card will open on your screen.
- Save the pdf of the admit card and take a print out.
XAT 2021 Results
The XAT exam result will be declared by the authorities in the last week of January 2021. The students can visit the official website and check out their results there. XAT merit list will show your name, rank, and marks secured by the candidate. The admission of the candidate will depend on the marks secured by them. Those who are able to score cut-off marks or above will be able to go ahead in the admission process.
When will XAT merit list be released?
It will be released in last week of January 2021 and it will contain student’s ranks and marks.
What is included in XAT syllabus?
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
How many time XAT exam is conducted in a year?
It is conducted once a year for students willing to get admitted in MBA and PGDM courses.