Management Aptitude Test is administered from 1988. It is a national level exam. The conducting body of MAT is All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT is conducted four times in a year. This year the MAT is going to be held in February, May, September and December. MAT offers admission in various business schools, MBA and PGDM courses.
For February 2021 session the applications are going to be start from 4th week of December 2020 and the exam will be held in the 3rd week of February 2021. In this article we will give all the important information about Mat 2021.
MAT 2021 REGISTRATION FORM
The process of registration for MAT 2021 will be started from 4th week of December 2020 and remain available till 3rd week of February 2021. The MAT exam will be conducted in two modes in which one mode will be Paper Based Test (PBT) and the other will be Computer Based Test (CBT). The last date to apply for PBT mode is 2nd week of February 2021 and the last date to apply for CBT mode is in 3rd week of February 2021. The candidates can fill the registration forms through online mode. Here we have given the points how to fill the registration form.
- REGISTRATION: The candidates have to register them by using a valid phone number and e mail id.
- FILLING REGISTRATION FORM: After successful registration the candidate has to fill the details of registration form.
- PHOTOGRAPH UPLOADING: After successful filing of registration form the candidate has to upload a scanned passport sized photograph of the candidate. The photograph should be in 40 to 150 kb.
- SIGNATURE UPLOADING: After uploading the photograph the candidate has to upload the scanned signature which should be of 10 to 150 kb in size.
- FEE PAYMENT: The candidate is asked to pay the registration fee after filling of application form. The candidates can pay the registration fee through online mode by using debit card, credit card, or any other net banking.
- PRINTING OF APPLICATION FORM: after completing the entire steps candidate should print the registration form for further use.
MAT 2021 APPLICATION FEE
After successfully filing of application form the candidate has to pay the application fee. The candidate can pay the application fee through an online mode of transaction by using a debit card/ credit card/ or any other net banking. The application fee is non-refundable to the candidate. Here we are describing the application fee according to the modes of the question paper:
- Fee for PBT/CBT (only one) – INR 1550
- Fee for both the mode PBT and CBT – INR 2650
MAT 2021 HIGHLIGHTS
The highlights for the exam MAT 2021 are described below:
- Name of the exam – MAT
- Full form – Management Aptitude Test
- Level of exam – National level exam
- Conducting authority – All India Management Association
- Type of exam – PG level exam
- Mode of application – online
- Mode of exam – PPT & CBT both
- Offered courses – Management
- Exam date – 3rd week of February for February session and May 2021 for December session.
- Duration of exam – 150 minutes
- Official website – mat.aima.in
- Helpline number – 011-24645100/ 011-43128100/011-24617354
MAT 2021 EXAM DATES
A tentative date format has been announced till now for both the session of MAT 2021 i.e. February and December 2021 session. In this part we have given the details of tentative date format of MAT 2021 for both the sessions separately:
FOR FEBRUARY SESSION:
Here is table for the tentative dates of February 2021 session:
|EVENTS||IMPORATANT DATES TENTATIVE|
|Application form begins||4th week of December 2020|
|Last date to fill application form for CBT||3rd week of February 2021|
|Last date to fill application form for PBT||2nd week of February 2021|
|Admit card availability for PBT||2nd week of February 2021|
|Admit card availability for CBT||2nd week of February 2021|
|Exam date||3rd week of February 2021|
|Result announcement||In the month of February 2021|
FOR DECEMBER SESSION:
Here is the table for the tentative dates of December 2021 session.
|EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES TENTATIVE|
|Registration starts||February 2021|
|Registration closes||April 2021|
|Admit card release||April 2021|
|Exam date for CBT||May 2021|
|Exam date for PBT||May 2021|
|Announcement of result||May 2021|
MAT 2021 EILIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Before applying for MAT 2021 the candidates are advised to must know the eligibility criteria for apply MAT 2021. Here we have listed the eligibility criteria in a table for MAT 2021.
|Age limit||No age limit for MAT 2021|
|Attempts limit||No attempt limits for MAT 2021|
|Qualification||Complete bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute|
|Appearing candidate||Candidates appearing for final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible|
MAT 2021 EXAM PATTERN
In this section we have mentioned the details of the exam pattern of MAT 2021.
Exam mode – offline and online both PPT and CBT
Exam duration – 2 and ½ hour (150 minutes)
Type of questions – multiple choice questions MCQs
Total questions – 200
Sections of the paper – 5 sections
Marking scheme – 1 mark given for the right answer
Negative marking – 0.25 marks deducted for each wrong answer
QUESTION PAPER PATTERN
In this paragraph we will give the details of the pattern of question paper according to sections and questions. In this table we have divided the questions according to the sections of the question paper and how much time is given for each section.
|Indian and global environment||40||15|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||40||30|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||35|
MAT 2021 SYLLABUS
The candidates are advised to must go through the syllabus before start your preparation of MAT 2021. In this paragraph we are going to tell the syllabus according to the sections of the question papers:
|Language comprehension||Analogies, English vocabulary, fill in the blanks, syllogism, idioms, jumble words, sentence completion and one-word substitution|
|Indian global environment||Sports, awards, current affairs, woods and authors, science, I.E. major events incorporate|
|Mathematics skill||Average, work and time, geometric progression, HCF, LCM, percentage, linear algebra, profit and loss, ratio and proportions|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||Pie chart, bar graphs, Venn diagram, puzzles, line charts|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||Sequencing, linear arrangement, statements and assumptions, identifying valid interference, coding and decoding|
PREPARATION TIPS FOR MAT 2021
We are providing some important tips for preparation of MAT 2021. The candidates are requested to go through these preparation tips to easily crack the exam of MAT 2021.
- Read all the syllabus before starting preparation
- Go for study according to the pattern of the question paper.
- Make a timetable and study according to time
- Solve the question papers by managing the time
- Solve the sample papers and sections by managing the time which will be given for each section on the day of examination
- Do mock test and discuss your doubts with your friends and colleagues
MAT 2021 ADMIT CARD
The admit card of MAT 2021 will release in the 2nd week of February 2021. The admit card will be available through online mode. If any mistake is there in the admit card the candidate can contact to the conducting authority i.e. AIMA. The correction will be made by the authority. Here we tell you about downloading the admit card.
How to download the Admit Card of MAT 2021?
The candidates can download the admit card by following these steps.
STEP 1 – Open the official website of MAT.
STEP 2 – Click on the admit card tab
STEP 3 – Enter the required credentials like registration number
STEP 4 – The admit card will be open on your screen, download the admit card
STEP 5 – Print your admit card for examination day. The candidate will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall without admit card. The admit card is very necessary document for entrance exam.
DETAILS THAT ADMIT CARD WILL CONTAIN:
Here we are giving the details of admit card.
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Exam center name and code
- Address of exam center
- Date and time of the exam
- Instructions about the examination day
- Photograph and signature of the candidate
MAT 2021 RESULT
The result of MAT 2021 will be released in the month of February 2021. The result will be available only through online mode. The candidates can check the result of MAT 2021 on the official website of MAT. The candidates can download their result by using their user id and password.
The candidates should check the result by verifying the details like roll number and name of the candidate and marks obtained by the candidate. The authority will release a merit list or scorecard on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates. The authority will also send the scorecards pf the candidates by post. The candidates are advised to keep the print of the scorecard safe and secured for future use.
How to download The Result of MAT 2021:
- Go to the official website of MAT
- Open the result card portal
- Enter your roll number/registration number
- The result will be available on the screen
- Download the result
- Take a print of your result for future references
MAT 2021 CUT OFF
After the successful announcement of result the cut off list will be released. The cut off list will be made on the minimum marks obtained by the candidates. The candidates have to secure minimum cut off marks to get admission in MAT 2021. The candidates who will qualify the cut off by obtaining minimum cut off marks will be called for admission. The cutoff of MAT 2021 will be based on the availability of seats and number of candidates attempted for MAT 2021.
MAT 2021 COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION
The authority does not provide counseling round for MAT entrance exam. The candidates have to report to the institutes for admission process. Some institutes held interview and group discussion rounds for admission in their institutes.
The candidates are allotted seats on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam. There is no counseling for MAT. The seats are allotted to the candidates by verification of the documents.
DOCUMENTS TO BE VERIFIED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- 10th class passing certificate
- 12th class passing certificate
- Bachelor’s degree mark sheet
- Address proof
- Nationality proof
- Identity proof
- Category certificate
- Phone number and email
- Scorecard of MAT 2021
MAT 2021 IMPORTANT POINTS
Here we are giving some important point related to the exam MAT 2021
- Check the syllabus carefully before examination preparation
- Check the eligibility criteria before applying for MAT 2021
- The phone number and e mail should be valid
- Attempt the question paper by managing the time
- Address proof should be correct
- Identity proof should be correct
- Candidate must know the pattern of exam before starting the preparation pf the exam
MAT 2021 CONTACT DETAILS
Here we are providing the contact details of for the information of MAT 2021
CONDUCTING AUTHORITY – All India Management Association (AIMA)
OFFICIAL WEBSITE – mat.aima.in
HELPLINE NUMBER – 011-24645100/ 011-24617354/ 011-43128100
E MAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q: Which type of questions is asked in MAT 2021 entrance exam?
A: Only multiple-choice type questions are asked in MAT 2021.
Q: Can I apply for both Paper based Test (PBT) and Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in MAT 2021?
A: Yes, you can apply for the modes of the exam PBT and CBT,
Q: What is the fee structure for applying both modes of the papers and what is the fee structure for applying separately?
A: For applying separately i.e. for PBT OR CBT mode you have to pay the fee Rs. 1550 and for applying both the modes together you to pay the fee of Rs. 2650.
Q: What is the mode of question paper in MAT 2021?
A: There will be two modes of the entrance exam od MAT 2021 i.e. paper-based test (PBT) & computer-based test (CBT).
Q: When will be application form will release for December 2021?
A: The application forms for December 2021 session will release in the month of February 2021.
Q: What will be the mode of fee payment for MAT 2021?
A: The application fee can only be paid by online mode.
Q: Is negative marking is in MAT 2021?
A: Yes, negative marking of 0.25 marks is there in MAT 2021 i.e. 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.