Indian Statistical Institute Admission Test 2021 i.e., ISI is a National level entrance examination that is conducted by the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta. ISI Admission Test is conducted every year for various undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) level programs like B. Math (Hons.), B. Stat (Hons.), M. Math, M. Stat, MS (QMS), MS (QE), MS (LIS), M. Tech (CRS), M. Tech (CS), M. Tech (QROR), PG Diplomas and Research Fellowships programs.
The ISI Admission Test will be tentatively conducted in the 2nd week of May 2021. The ISI entrance paper will consist of two papers, Section A and Section B. Section A will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in logical reasoning and Mathematics at the undergraduate level. Whereas Section B will consist of descriptive, short answer questions from Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering & Technology. A total of 100 questions will be asked in the question paper. 30 questions will be from Paper 1 and 70 questions from Paper 2 and the time duration of 4 hours will be given to complete the ISI exam paper.
ISI 2021 Exam Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)|
|Introduced By||Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta|
|Type of Examination||Undergraduate & Postgraduate Level|
|Level of Examination||National Level|
|Courses Offered||Diploma, Engineering, and Other Courses|
|Mode of filling Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Duration of Examination||4 Hours, 2 Hours (Forenoon) & 2 Hours (Afternoon)|
ISI Admission Test Exam Date
The important key dates related to the ISI Admission Test are given in the below table. Applicants must check the dates to keep themselves updated about ISI Exam
|Name of the Events||Tentative Dates|
|Releasing of Exam Notification||Jan- 2021|
|Application form Starting Date||The first week of Feb 2021|
|Application Submission Last||The second week of Mar-2021|
|Payment Last date||3rd week of March-2021|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||Apr-2021|
|ISI Exam Date||The second week of May-2021|
|Release of answer key||The second week of May-2021|
|Last date to submit objections||The second week of May-2021|
|Result Announcement Date||Fourth week of May- 2021|
|First Admission List||The first week of July-2021|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative and are subject to change. Please refer the official website once the official website is released.
ISI Exam Eligibility
- For B. Stat (Hons.) & B. Math (Hons.)
- Applicants must have qualified 12th class examination from a recognized board.
- Applicants must have qualified 12th class examination with English and Mathematics as the main subjects.
- Applicants who are currently in 12th class and have to appear in the exam with English and Maths as compulsory subjects are also eligible to apply
2. For Postgraduate Courses:
- M. Tech (CS):
- Applicants must have B. Tech/ B.E. degree or Master’s degree in Electronic Science/ Physics / Mathematics/ Computer application /Computer science, etc.
- M. Stat:
- Applicants must have 3 years Bachelor’s degree in B. Tech / B.E. from any recognized college or institution.
- M. Math:
- Applicants must have 3 years Bachelor’s degree in B. Tech / B.E with Mathematics subjects.
ISI Application Form
Application Form of ISI Entrance Exam will be available through online mode only on the official website of ISI. No other mode will be considered for filling the application form. To fill the application form for ISI Admission Test Exam, applicants must follow the following step by step procedure.
- First of all, go to the official website of ISI i.e., https://www.isical.ac.in/admission/
- On the homepage of the website, click on ‘ISI Admissions‘ and you will be redirected to a new tab.
- Now click on the ‘Apply Now’ option to register yourself.
- Now fill in all the required details for registration like Email Id, Password, Applicant name, DOB, Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Mobile Number, etc., and click on sign up option.
- Now once you sign up your application form will appear on your screen.
- Fill in all the required details like Personal details, Educational details, Communication details, Address details, etc.
- After that, upload all the required documents like the applicant’s passport size photograph, Scanned signature of the applicant.
- The photograph must have a maximum size of 50 KB and the sign must have the maximum size of 30 KB in JPG or JPEG.
- Now pay the Application fee.
- Click on the submit button and download the application form.
- Applicants must also take the printout of the application form for future use.
- The application fee of ISI for general category applicants is Rs. 1250
- The application fee of ISI For SC/ ST/ OBC- NCL/ PWD category applicants is Rs. 625
- Application Fee for ISI Exam can be submitted through online mode as well as offline mode.
- If an applicant opts for Online mode, he/she can pay the application fee through debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- If an applicant opts for Offline mode, he/she can pay the application fee through Challan for cash payment at the SBI branch.
ISI Admission Exam Syllabus
ISI Syllabus For UG
- The syllabus content for undergraduate courses will be from class 11th and class 12th syllabus.
- Questions will be mainly related to the various topics of mathematics.
ISI Syllabus For M.Stat
- The syllabus content for postgraduate courses will be from the Graduation level syllabus.
- Questions will be mainly related to the various topics of mathematics and Statistics
ISI Admission Exam Pattern
Applicants must check the exam pattern so that they can prepare accordingly for the ISI Exam 2021. ISI Exam pattern delivers an overview of the question paper including the subjects covered, Number of questions, negative marking, etc.
- Mode: ISI Admission Test will be conducted in offline mode only.
- Duration: Applicants will be given 4 hours to complete the ISI exam paper.
- Total Number of Questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the question paper. 30 questions will be from Paper 1 and 70 questions from Paper 2.
- Marks Allotment: Marks allotment will be different for each course.
- Question Level: Questions will be designed to test the candidate’s aptitude level.
- Paper Sections: The ISI entrance paper will consist of two papers, Section A and Section B.
- Section A will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in logical reasoning and Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- Section B will consist of descriptive, short answer questions from Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering & Technology.
ISI Admission Test Preparation Tips
Applicants who are preparing for the ISI Admission examination must check the below-given preparation which will help them to prepare efficiently.
- Applicants must check the syllabus and exam pattern before starting the preparation.
- Applicants must make a proper time table and should follow it strictly.
- Applicants must make the short notes of the topics which he studies.
- Applicants must solve the previous year’s question papers. It will help them to know about the paper standard.
- Applicants must appear in regular mock tests
- Applicants must do regular yoga, eat healthy food to keep themselves fit and active.
What is the official website for ISI Entrance Exam?
The official website for the ISI entrance exam is https://www.isical.ac.in.
Will the ISI Admission Test be conducted in online mode or Offline mode?
The ISI Admission Test will be conducted in Offline mode.
What is the application fee for ISI Exam?
The application fee of ISI for general category applicants is Rs. 1250 whereas the application fee of ISI For SC/ ST/ OBC- NCL/ PWD category applicants is Rs. 625
What is the mode of payment for the application fee of ISI?
Application Fee for ISI Exam can be submitted through online mode as well as offline mode. If an applicant opts for Online mode, he/she can pay the application fee through debit card/ credit card or net banking. If an applicant opts for Offline mode, he/she can pay the application fee through Challan for cash payment at the SBI branch