IBSAT stands for ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test and it is conducted by ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education. It is a National level exam conducted for the students who wish to pursue MBA and PGDM courses. The IBSAT Exam 2020 is now over and the results will be released in 1st week of January 2021. The IBSAT exam is conducted through CBT mode and the results are released on the official website. The question paper contains 140 questions and the candidates have to solve as many questions as possible in 2 hours. There is no provision of negative marking in this exam.
In this article, we will discuss the ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) and all the aspects of this exam. We will discuss important dates, IBSAT Syllabus, Eligibility, Application process, application fee, admit card, important books, etc., in the article given below.
Highlights of IBSAT 2021
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
IBSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must hold a graduate degree in any discipline from any approved university.
- The applicant must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their last qualifying exam.
- The applicant must have finished their 15 years of education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4).
- The students who are in the final semester/year of their bachelor’s program are also eligible.
- The applicant must have done their graduation in English medium only.
- The applicants need to submit their NMAT/GMAT/CAT scores.
IBSAT 2021 Exam Dates
|IBSAT application form starting date||1st week of July 2021|
|IBSAT application form last date||2nd week of December 2021|
|IBSAT admit card release date||3rd week of December 2021|
|IBSAT exam date 2021||4th week of December 2021|
|IBSAT result 2021||1st week of January 2022|
|Briefing about selection||2nd week of January 2022|
|IBSAT Selection process starts from||4th week of February 2022|
IBSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- Before starting your preparation check complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- The students must follow a strict routine of study.
- Covering all the topics and revising them regularly is important.
- Solve practice questions, mock test paper and previous year’s question papers.
- Keep yourself healthy by eating a balanced diet and doing exercise daily.
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
|Mathematics for MBA||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Tata Magraw Hill||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|QA for CAT from Pearson||Nishit Sinha|
|QA for Competitive Examination Tips, Techniques and Shortcut methods||Abhijit Guha|
|Quantitative Aptitude Numerical Ability (Fully Solved) 7000+ Objective Question||Pratiyogita Kiran & KICX Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan|
Books for Data Interpretation
|Data Interpretation||K. Kundan|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||Ananta Ashisha|
|DI LR from Pearson||Nishit Sinha|
|TMH How to prepare for the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT 3rd Edition||Arun Sharma|
Books for Verbal Ability
|Business English and Communication||Clark|
|English Plus ICSE for class 10||Xavier Pinto|
|English Proficiency||IMS India|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
IBSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Number of Questions||140 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||For every correct answer- +1 mark No provision for negative marking.|
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Data adequacy and data interpretation||30|
IBSAT 2021 Application Form
For the year 2021, the IBSAT 2021 Application process can be completed in two stages.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website ICFAI Business School.
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply Online” tab and then click on the “Register Here” link.
- The registration form will open on your screen, there enter your name, father’s name, address, DOB, gender, nationality, mobile number, and email ID.
- Then, click on the “Proceed” tab given at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you need to enter your qualification details and CAT/GNMAC/NMAT marks and proceed further.
- In the next step, the applicant needs to submit a scanned copy of all the asked documents and “Proceed” further.
- Lastly, you need to pay the application fee through online mode.
- The registration fee for IBSAT exam is Rs.1800.
- The students can submit the fee through both offline and online mode.
- Online mode: credit card/ debit card/ net-banking
- Offline mode: cash payment
- Once the IBSAT application fee s submitted it non-refundable under any circumstances.
IBSAT 2021 Admit Card
The IBSAT admit card will be made available on the official website in the 3rd week of December. The students can visit the official website and take a print out of the admit card. Only those students who complete their application correctly and submit the application fee will receive the admit card. No, admit cards will be sent to students through offline mode. All the candidates must bring their hall tickets on the day of the exam. No students will be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card.
IBSAT 2021 Result
the IBSAT result 2021 will be announced in the month of January 2021 by the authorities. For IBSAT exam 2020 the results will be announced in the first week of January 2021. The students who are able to qualify for the exam will be able to go ahead in the admission process. The merit list will contain the names of only those candidates who are able to qualify for the exam along with their rank and marks secured by them.
Given below are the steps to download the results:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the IBSAT exam.
- On the homepage, click on “IBSAT Admit Card” link.
- The login page will open on your screen, there enter your registered ID and password.
- The list of all the candidates who have qualified for the exam will appear on the screen.
- Download the list and take a print out for future reference.
IBSAT 2021 Syllabus
The IBSAT syllabus is given below in the table that students can follow while preparing for their exam.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation||Verbal Ability|
|Algebra||Data interpretation on the basis of graphs and tables||Fill in the blanks|
|Arithmetic progression||Linear arrangement||Odd man and jumbled paragraphs|
|Co-ordinate geometry||What are the cause and effects||One word substitutions|
|Instalment payment||What is visual reasoning||Syllogism|
|profit and loss||—||Uses of the same word|
Who can apply for IBSAT exam 2021?
Those students who have completed their bachelor’s degree and now they wish to pursue MBA or PGDM courses.
How many question are asked in the IBSAT exam?
The question paper contains 140 MCQs and it is divided into 4 different parts.
How to apply for IBSAT exam?
The students can apply for this exam through both online and offline mode.