Exam dates for GCET Exam 2021 have been announced. It will be performed on May 4 & 5, 2021. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa, will conduct it. The Goa Traditional Entrance Test (GCET) is an exam at the state level. For different technical degree programs, this examination will be performed. Candidates will be admitted on the basis of the marks they have received during the entrance examination. Applicants from the state government/supported engineering colleges of the state of Goa will be offered admission. MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Science (Paramedical), and B.Sc. will receive admission to NEET eligible applicants. In classes for nursing. We include information about GCET 2021, such as the application form, its fee, review dates, eligibility requirements, and much more.
GCET 2021 Exam Highlights
|Name of the Exam||GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test)|
|Conducting authority||Directorate of Technical Education Goa|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions to colleges in Goa|
|Course Offered||BTech, BPT, BOT, BOpt, BScMIT, BScAT, BSc Nursing|
GCET 2021 Exam Dates
Applicants must go through the following table concerning the GCET 2021 tentative schedule:
|Prospectus upload||4th week of February 2021|
|Application Form releases||4th week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit application form at application centre (without late fee)||4th week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit application form at DTE (with late fee of Rs. 1500/-)||4th week of April 2021|
|Admit card availability||4th week of March to 4th week of April 2021|
|GCET 2021 Exam Date||4th & 5th May 2021|
|Result declaration||3rd week of May 2021|
|Counselling process||4th week of May 2021|
Application Form for GCET 2021
Goa’s Technical Education Directorate (DTE) will send notices to fill out the application forms for GCET 2021. Applicants seeking admission to Goa colleges and institutions can apply to be eligible for GCET. The step-by-step information that an applicant will go through during the Goa CET 2021 Exam admission process are below.
- The application form will be published only in the online mode. To apply for GCET 2021, a form via any offline mode will not be approved.
- Applicants will have to download the request form. As of the last week of March 2021, candidates will fill out their application form.
- The application process involves different steps, such as registration, filling out the application form, payment of fees, uploading of documents, etc.
- In the application form, fill in the necessary details, including credentials, parent details, address, and pick your choice of exam centre as per your preferences.
- Paste the current photo of the passport size and signature in the specified format.
- Candidates will have until the first week of April 2021 to complete their application form. After the last week of April 2021, the late fee application form will be submitted.
- At the notified venue, applicants will have to request a completed application form.
- Take a printout of the request form and keep it secure for other procedures.
- Applicants will be required to present the processing fee in the form of a ‘DD’ draught application.
- DD shall be drawn on any scheduled bank in behalf of the “Director of Technical Education” in Panaji, Goa.
- The fee for the application will be 2000/-.
Applicants can review the documents (photocopies) that will be submitted along with the application form for GCET 2021 here:
Three identical passport size photographs
- 10th class mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Copy of GCET admit card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- School leaving certificate
- Residence certificate etc.
GCET 2021 Syllabus
The Goa Secondary & Higher Education Board, Porvorium, will recommend the GCET Syllabus. The paper syllabus will be prepared on the basis of level 10+2. Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be part of the paper’s syllabus. Only on these topics will the whole question paper be questioned. Read the following syllabus for them.
|Electrostatics and Current electricity||Relations and functions|
|Atoms and nuclei||Algebra|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Calculus|
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry|
|Electromagnetic waves||Linear programming|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||–|
|Electronic devices and Communication systems||–|
General principles and processes of isolation of elements
D and F block elements
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, phenols and ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones, and carboxylic acids
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
GCET Eligibility 2021
Applicants who apply for admission to courses offered in the state via the GCET Exam will be expected to comply with the following eligibility requirements.
- An Indian national should be the nominee.
- Seats reserved under the NRI category can also be sought by non-resident Indians holding Indian passports.
- Overseas People of India (OCI) / Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are also considered candidates for NRI Category seat admissions.
- International citizens are expected to apply to the Govt. around India.
Valid score in GCET 2021:
- In GCET exam carried out for the year of admission, aspirants must have appeared and received a valid score. The GCET score is not considered valid for the preceding year/s.
- The aspirant must have appeared and received a clear NATA score from the Council of Architecture for Architecture.
Qualifying Examination & Minimum Marks:
- The Goa Board’s Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination should have cleared the applicants.
- Or an examination conducted by the New Delhi Central Board of Secondary Education, or some other examination similar to the Goa Board’s H.S.S.C. exam.
- The minimum percentage of marks in particular subjects must also have been obtained by them.
First Year B.E.:
All GCET Exam aspiring candidates must have qualified the Higher Secondary School Certificate (class 12) examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and English as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Biology /Computer Science/ Bio-Technology, and secured at least 45% marks in the aggregate of subjects of Mathematics and Physics with one of the following subjects Bio-Technology/ Chemistry/Biology /Computer Science. (40% for the applicants belonging only to ST, SC, and OBC).
Applicants should have qualified the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education’s Higher Secondary School Certificate (class 12) exam or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects and obtained aggregate marks of at least 50 percent (45 percent aggregate marks for SC/ST/OBC applicants).
10+3 Diploma (any stream) with 50 percent aggregate marks recognised by central/state governments.
International Baccalaureate Diploma, with not less than 50 percent marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as the compulsory subject of examination after 10 years of schooling.
Kashmiri Migrants only in Engineering Courses:
The candidate should have passed the examination or equivalent examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std.XIIth) with English, Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology and obtained not less than 45% marks in Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology /Bio-Technology.
Diploma/BSc Degree holder:
- Applicants who have obtained a Diploma in Engineering/B.Sc. Degree in Mathematics as a subject at class 12, with at least 45 percent marks (40 percent marks in the case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC), were qualified for admission to First Year of Engineering Degree Courses, subject to First Year vacancies, after Direct Second Year Lateral Entry vacancies were exhausted.
- The list of the merits of such candidates shall be drawn up on the basis of the aggregate marks scored during the qualifying test.
GCET Exam Pattern 2021
Table below provides the overview of the GCET Exam pattern
|Examination Mode||Pen and Paper Based Test|
|Duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Sections||Physics – 75 Questions Chemistry – 75 Questions Mathematics – 75 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Marks||225 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||One mark will be allotted for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No marks will be deducted for wrong answers|
GCET Exam 2021 Cut Off
The category-wise cut-off of GCET 2021 in online mode will be announced by DTE Goa. In the online mode, a separate cut-off will be released. Via the cut-off, the minimum scores needed for higher chances of entry into the institutions will be published. Different variables will be considered for the cut off planning, such as the total number of applicants, previous years’ cut off trends, the total number of available seats, and the degree of complexity of the examination.
For any query please contact on the below mentioned address or phone number.
DTE building, Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa, Pin 403521.
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Official Website: www.dtegoa.gov.in/
- Phone Number: 0832-2413571
What are the conditions for the eligibility of SC/ST applicants for the GCET exam?
Applicants should have qualified the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education’s Higher Secondary School Certificate (12th class) exam or its equivalent exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects and obtained at least 50 percent marks in aggregate education (45% aggregate marks for applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC).
In order to get a good rank in the GCET Exam 2021, what preparedness strategy should be followed?
Applicants should begin by gathering all relevant syllabus, exam trends and guidelines related to information. The next move is to collect the data relevant to the plan for planning. Train and review the question paper of the previous year’s mock test with the solution keys.
What is the time duration of the entrance exam for GCET 2021?
In the last week of March, the examination forms for GCET will be issued and applicants can fill out the forms before the end of March, as the late fee will be fined in the month of April. The exam will take place on May 5 and 6, with a period of 2 hours, and will be in offline mode.
I’m from Kolkata. Can I turn up for the GCET?
Yes, you are eligible for the GCET test. But the fundamental requirement for the examination is that an Indian national should be the candidate. Applicants must have cleared the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board. You can read the article above about the eligibility requirements for more information.
What’s the full definition of GCET?
GCET is the Goa Common Entrance Exam (Goa CET). The GCET exam is a state-level entrance examination carried out by DTE Goa for admission to engineering technical degree courses. Applicants can only fill out and submit the application form via offline mode. Registrations for Goa CET 2021 will begin in the first week of April 2021 and will be announced by the examination bodies.