The dream of every student is to get higher education in the best college of the country. But there is hard struggle to get education in the best colleges of the country. In India most of the students who are from a poor family struggle hardly for this. Every country conducts the various exams at national level to select the students who becomes the future of the country. Same as India also conducts the various exams at national level. GATE is also one of the national level exams.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the national level exam conducted by IIT BOMBAY, Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur and Chennai. GATE is conducted by human resource development by the government of India. The registration for GATE 2021 is announced to held from 14 September. The students who are interested to give and preparing for GATE 2021 can fill the application form from 14th September 2021.
GATE 2021 LATEST UPDATES
GATE 2021 Registration has been started. Application Form has been released from 11th September 2020.
Exam Dates also have been announced. 5th February 2021 (Friday), 6th February 2021 (Saturday), 7th February 2021 (Sunday), 12th February 2021 (Friday), 13th February 2021 (Saturday) and 14th February 2021 (Sunday).
There are forenoon and afternoon (two sessions) each day.
THE ADVANTAGE OF GATE EXAM
Many organizations select their candidates from the scores of gate exam. Organizations like Bhabha Atomic Research center, Indian oil corporations, BHEL, NTPC etc. select their candidates from the scoring of GATE. The students who chose The M.Tech provided with a scholarship of Rs. 8000 during the entire course. Students can also pursue the higher education like PhD and the master’s degree.
GATE 2021 Highlights
The exam dates of GATE 2021 are announced 5-7 February 2021 and 12-14 February 2021. No proper date is announced due the pandemic disease covid-19 these all are tentative. The GATE 2021 is going to be held by IIT BOMBAY. GATE is an online National exam that it will be based on the computer.
- In GATE-2021 IIT BOMBAY announced that the students studying in third year are also eligible to apply for GATE-2021.
- The brochure for GATE 2021 has been released on July 26
- IN PREVIOUS YEARS ONLY THE STUDENTS OF Engineering, Architecture and Science were allowed to give the GATE exam.
- IN 2021 Addition of two more subjects i.e. Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) & Humanities & social science (XS) in GATE-2021.
Here is the summary about the GATE-2021
|Name of exam||GATE-2021|
|Level of the exam||National|
|Authority which is conducting||IIT Bombay|
|Mode of application||online|
|Mode of exam||Online CBT (Computer based test)|
|Expected number of candidates||About 8 to 10 lakhs|
IMPORTANT DATES OF GATE-2021
These all dates are tentative it may be changed due the disease spreading by corona virus. So, check the dates regularly before the exam.
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE LIVE||16TH JULY 2020|
|REGISTRATION BEGIN||14TH SEPTEMBER 2020|
|REGISTRATION CLOSING||30TH September 2020|
|REGISTRATION WITH LATE FEE||7TH October 2020|
|CORRECTION FORM||13TH November 2020|
|ADMIT CARD AVAILABILITY||8TH January 2020|
|EXAM DATE||5TH February 2021 – 7TH February 2021 and 12TH February 2021 – 14th February 2021|
|RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT||22ND March 2021|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GATE-2021
Before filling any application form the candidate must check the eligibility of every exam either he/she is eligible to give the exam or not. There are many changes have done in GATE-2021. Before applying for the GATE-2021 must check the new instructions which have been changed due to the scenario of covid-19.
- The students who are studying in the 3rd year of bachelors or the 10+2+3 format have been changed due to covid-19. There is 10+2+3 format instead of 10+2+4. This changed in 2021 is done by the IIT BOMBAY.
- There is also the addition of two more subjects for which the student can apply. The subjects are Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) & Humanities & social science (XS) in GATE-2021.
- The other bigger change is that the candidate can apply for 2 papers instead of choosing only one paper. As in the previous years the students can apply for only one paper but inGATE-2021 the students can apply for the two subjects.
- The candidates from other countries also applied for GATE 2021 but they should follow the instructions given for applying in GATE 2021.
- The candidates are eligible to dill the application form of GATE 2021 from 14th September.
- Candidates who have their graduation degree are also eligible to give the GATE exam. But the candidate should have the degree approved by the government of India and the foreign students should have the bachelor’s degree approved by the government of their country.
- In previous years the students with the degree of only Technology, Science, engineering and Management were only eligible to give the GATE exam but in GATE 2021 THE STUDENTS consuming the subject’s arts and commerce are also eligible to give the exam.
GATE 2021 ELIGIBILITY ACCORDING TO BACHELORS DEGREE
THE BACHELORS DEGREE CONSUMING STUDENTS ABOUT 4 YEARS THEY HAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY IN GATE 2021. These are all instruction for GATE-2021 only because of the pandemic disease COVID-19 it may be changed in the further years.
Student in the BACHELORS OF ENGINEERING and BACHELORS IN TECHNOLOGY or in BACVHELORS OF PHARMACY can apply for 2021 if they are in the 3rd year of the bachelor’s degree 10+2+3 format for them. If the students have completed the degree, they are also eligible for GATE 2021. The expected year to be completing the course should be 2022.
FOR B.ARCH/NAVAL ARCHITECTURE
The students consuming 5-year degree course example BACHELOR IN ARCHITECHTURE currently in the 3rd year or 4th year or the completed degree are also eligible to give GATE 2021. The year of completing the course is expected to be 2023 for 5-year course and 2022 for 4 year degree course.
FOR B.SC DEGREE STUDENTS
The students studying in bachelor’s degree in Science are eligible if they are in the final year of b.sc. The year of completion is expected to be 2022.
FOR PHARM.D STUDENTS
After 12th some students prefer Pharm.D a six-year degree course they are eligible if they are in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year of the course completion year 2024.
FOR M.B.B.S STUDENTS
Students holding for MBBS degree are eligible to give the exam 4th or final year of the course completion year 2022.
FOR MASTERS DEGREE STUDENTS
The students holding master’s degree example M.SC, MCA, MA etc either they are from any branch they are also eligible if they in the 1st year or in the final year of the exam completion year 2022.
The students of post B.sc M.tech/M.E. In the 1st /2nd /3rd/4th year or already completed are eligible to give the GATE-2021 exam. Expected year of completion is 2024.
AGE LIMIT CRITERIA FOR GATE-2021
There are many national level exams in India which are conducted but there are the age limit criteria for the candidate to be eligible to give the exam. But in GATE there is no age limit.
- Candidate of any age can appear in the GATE exam there is no limit of age in this exam
- Candidates should have the proof of their nationality and qualification that which degree they are holding when they are applying for GATE-2021
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN CANDIDATES GATE-2021
The students who are interested in studying in India and want to give the GATE-2021 are also eligible to apply I GATE-2021.
- Candidates should have their nationality proof approved by the government
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or master’s degree related to their interested subjects.
The total number of professional institutes is seven. The all seven institutes conduct various engineering exams. Candidates who qualify the various exams are eligible to get admission through GATE. Here is the list of seven professional institutes.
- The institute of engineers (IE)
- THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERS (IIE)
- THE AERONAUTICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA (AESI)
- THE INSTITUTE OF CIVIL ENGINEERS (ICE)
- THE INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERS (IETE)
- THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF METALS (IIM)
- THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERS, POLYMER AND ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP (IIChemE)
REGISTRATION FORM GATE-2021
The registration form has been out for GATE-2021 from 14th September 2020. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility before applying for GATE-2021. The students who are interested in applying for GATE-2021 can fill the form according to the dates mention below.
- Registration starts from- 14th September 2020
- Application form filling last date without late fee- 30th September 2020
- Application form filling last date with late fee – 7th October 2020
- Date for correction of application forms – 13th November 2020
REGISTRATION FEE OF GATE -2021
|FOR CENTERS IN INDIA||APPLICATION FEE||LATE FEE|
|Female candidates||INR 750||INR 1250|
|SC/ST/PWD||INR 750||INR 1250|
|ALL OTHERS||INR 1500||INR 2000|
CENTERS OUTSIDE INDIA
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu||US $50||US$70|
|Dubai & Singapore||US$100||US$ 120|
Exam pattern of GATE-2021
Exam pattern involves all the information about the exam. The information includes the timing, mode, pattern of the question paper, subjects which all the student have to face on applying for GATE-2021.
Here is the information about the exam pattern
|Mode of the exam||Online a computer-based exam|
|Timing of the exam||3 hours|
|Number of papers in the exam||27|
|Sections in the question papers||2 sections General Aptitude Selected subject of the candidate|
|Type of question of the paper||Three types of the questions Multiple choice questions Multiple based questions Numerical type questions|
|Testing abilities||Four abilities Comprehension Recall Application Analysis or synthesis|
|Total number of questions||Total =65 questions General aptitude=10 Subject=55 10+55=65|
DISTRIBUTION OF MARKS ACCORDING TO PAPERS IN GATE-2021
There will be total 65 question out of which 10 will be from General aptitude and the other remaining 55 will be from the selected subject by the candidate. Here is the all information about the marks
|Marking scheme||All questions carry 1 or 2 marks for each question|
|Papers like AR, CY,EY,GG,MA,XHMXL,PH||Total marks=100 General aptitude=15 Engineering mathematics=13 Subject related=72|
|All other papers other than mentioned above||Total marks=100 General aptitude=15 Subject questions=85|
SYLLABUS OR SUBJECTS FOR GATE-2021
All the information about the syllabus and subjects of the GATE are released by the exam conducting authority until the information come the students can take some information about the subjects from here.
- GENERAL APTITUDE COMPULSARY FOR ALL
- AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURE ENGINEERING
- ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING
- PRODUCTION AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
- ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- SOLID MECHANICS
STUDENTS CAN TAKE THE OTHER SUBJECTS INFORMTION FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE gate.iitd.ac.in
GATE -2021 PREPARATION TIPS
Before applying for any entrance exam, the candidate should have a goal and oath to beat the exam. GATE-2021 is the toughest exam conducted in INDIA. The candidate should have the proper knowledge about the eligibility. Here are some instructions for the preparation of GATE-2021.
- Go to the official website of the GATE-2021 gate.iitd.ac.in and check out the syllabus and subjects.
- Check the exam pattern like number of question and marking scheme
- Make a proper time table and study every subject according to time table
- Make sure that all the syllabus should be completed before one month of exam
- Collect all the books related to your subject
- Give mock test and do well in every mock test
- Take care of your health and take diet properly
FAQs (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Q: For how many papers I can apply in gate-2021?
Ans: You can apply for 1 or 2 papers in the GATE-2021.REMEMBER THAT TWO MORE SUBJECTS. Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) & Humanities & social science (XS) ARE ALSO ADDED IN GATE2021.
Q: What will be the mode of GATE-201 exam?
Ans: The mode of the GATW-2021 will be online that it is a computer Based exam.
Q: I am in the final year of B.sc. in science am I able to give GATE-2021?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to give the GATE-2021.
Q: Can any change can be done after submitting the form?
Ans: The correction form date will be announced in which you can make the changes in your application form.